WITH ADVANCED TOPICS
Course Description: Decrease the time
required for statistical analysis by quickly learning to
navigate MINITAB’s user-friendly and customizable
environment. Learn how to import/ export data and output
between MINITAB and various software and database systems
Enhance your ability to create, manipulate, and restructure
data. Develop sound statistical approaches to data analysis
by learning how to create and interpret a wide variety of
graphs and numerical measures useful for quality improvement
initiatives. This course focuses on the utilization of these
tools as they pertain to applications commonly found in
manufacturing, engineering, and business processes.
LENGTH AND COST
Anyone who uses MINITAB to perform data analysis, including
Quality Professionals, Engineers, Scientists, Managers,
Analysts, and Instructors can benefit from this course.
Length: 3 days
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
half-hour lunch break
Please see our
public training schedule for prices,
dates and locations.
- This course covers the ASQ Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) body of
1. Statistical Primer/Review
2. Red Bead Experiment
- Basic Summary Statistics, types of data, measures of
center and spread
3. Avoiding Man-Made Chaos
- Deming’s Red Bead – a simple, hands-on process
simulation that demonstrates some problems with
non-data-driven management and helps build understanding and
motivation for statistical thinking
4. Introduction to Minitab™
- Seminar that relates a case from Dr. Donald J. Wheeler’s
files demonstrating how management data can be used more
powerfully than it usually is.
5. Statistical Control Charts
- Structure, menus; similarities and differences between
Minitab™ and MS-Excel™
- Shewhart charts; p, np, c, u ImR charts (XbarR/XbarS
optional and recommended for manufacturing). Interpretation
of control charts. Construction of control charts using
Minitab™ software. Statistical Primer is a prerequisite.
7. Gage R&R in Minitab™
- Capability concepts and capability studies in Minitab™;
the Taguchi loss function
- Using Minitab™ software for Gage R & R studies; R & R
concepts and results interpretation
9. Hypothesis Testing Basics
- Using Minitab™ software for doing attribute agreement
analysis studies. Concepts and results interpretation.
10. Chi-Square Analysis in Minitab™
- Very basic review of simple hypothesis testing concepts.
Type 1&2 errors, alpha and beta risk, null and alternative
hypotheses, criteria for hypotheses.
11. Two-Sample T-Tests in Minitab™
- Chi-Square test for independence; helps find
relationships between categories of discrete data. Good
demonstration of how hypothesis testing works, great tool
for transactional process data analysis.
12. Paired T-Tests in Minitab™
- Conducting simple 2-sample t-tests for differences in
means. Basic t-test concepts and interpretation.
13. One-Way ANOVA in Minitab™
- Conducting paired-t tests for differences in paired
means. Concepts and interpretation.
- Using one-way ANOVA to discover differences among means
in multiple data sets. Does not include ANOVA for modeling.
Concepts and interpretation.
Back to Training Page
Back to Schedule